Indoor cycling training programs are much more effective than outdoor cycling programs. Indoor cycling programs are much more than training programs. If you are a beginner and planning to join an indoor cycling training program, then there are few things that you need to be keeping in mind to make the program more effective.
These basic things that you need to be aware of include the training dress, the type of shoes preferred for cycling, the setting up of the bike to the ideal settings to get best optimal results from the program. All these basic things will not minimize the risks of injuries, but it will also ensure the maximum benefits from this kind of physical activity.
Let’s discuss all of these basic things in details:
1. The Dress You Need To Wear
Dress always plays a vital part in the training programs. It increases the comfort level at training and will provide maximum flexibility to the body to perform. For Indoor cycling training programs, it is recommended:
- To wear fitted clothes like capris and tanks. Fitted clothes allow the cyclist to have the better movements while riding.
- Always remember that you should wear moisture resistance clothes.
- In Indoor cycling training program, you will be sweating badly. Moisture resistance clothes will help you to stay cool and dry.
Most of the times it has seen that beginners opt for baggy and trendy outfits, but baggy outfits may get stuck in the paddle, and you can have an injury because of them. There are many stores where you will find the perfect fitted clothes for cycling.
On the other hand, you can buy profession cycling shorts from any sports outlet but it might be able to cost you more. The best way to find the outfit for cycling is to shop for them online. This will save your time as well as money.
2. Selection of Shoes
You can use your sneakers because the bikes have pedals which allow you to paddle easily. But it is always recommended to use cycling shoes for bikes. These cycling shoes have cycle clips attached to them. These cycling clips will help you peddle fast.
With the help of cycling shoes, wiggling got less because your shoes are always attached to the pedal. It also helps to get better leverage and stress on toes and shins get reduced. Due to reducing the stress you can cycle for hours thus adding more potential to your body.
3. Adjustment of the Bike
It is very much necessary that you should adjust your bike. Adjusting the bike to various settings will help you attain the right posture. It also helps to protect you from different injuries that might be able to occur while training. You can take the help of your instructor to adjust your bike. Following are some of the adjustments that you need to be made on your bike:
- The height of the Saddle: Saddle height plays a vital role in achieving the right posture while cycling. It is recommended that your saddle height must be on the same level of your hips. If the saddle is lower than the hip height, then it will increase pressure on your knees. Low saddle heights will make your knees achy and will cause a huge discomfort to your body. If your saddle height is high, then you have to stretch your legs more to peddle. This may result in pulling off your leg muscle.
- The position of the handlebar: Handlebar is the part of the bike that you are going to hold. It is always recommended that the distance of the handle bar must be the same as the distance of the tip of your index finger from your elbow. You should also take care that the height of the handle bar must be above than the height of the saddle. This will avoid strain on your back and neck.
Benefits of Indoor Cycling Training Program
There are several benefits of indoor cycling training programs. You can burn hundreds of calories and can increase your fitness levels. The other benefits of cycling indoor are you can increase your pace of cycling outdoors or for professional purposes. The best thing about the indoor cycling training programs is that anyone with any kind of fitness level can join the program. The person can train according to their capacity and time.
Let’s have a look at the some of the other benefits of indoor cycling training programs:
- Improvement in Cardio health: Indoor cycling training programs are a type of anaerobic exercises. This type of exercise will help to build the muscle endurance. Indoor cycling training programs also have aerobic health benefits also. Whenever you speed up your bike, your heart rate will increase which strengthens the cardiovascular capacities of the body.
- You can fix up your pace according to your needs: In Indoor cycling training programs, you can adjust your resistance levels according to your muscular endurance. Adjusting the resistance level will allow you are working at your own pace. This will help in increasing your time spent on practicing.
- The building of physical strength: Cycling works as a complete body workout. It is a perfect exercise for your butts, legs, arms, back, thighs and shoulders. Indoor cycling training programs are not just about pedaling a stationary bike, but it is much more than that. You will be using various resistance levels and speeds while cycling that will help you in building your core strength.
- Low impact on feet and knees: Most of the times people tend not to use treadmills and stair steppers because it puts huge strains on feet and knees. But with the indoor cycling program, you need not worry about that kind of strains.
- The building of mental strength: The warm up and cool down sessions at indoor cycling training programs will help you relax your mind. The endurance level attained by your muscles will help you build your mental strength that you can use somewhere positive.
These are some of the aspects that are necessary for an effective indoor cycling training program. For more details you can use our comment box below.